Work With The Dunstane!
We’re looking for a a Housekeeper and Breakfast Chef/Commis Chef/Kitchen Porter. More details on the requirements for each position are below.
If you would like to put yourself forward for either position, please apply with CV and a cover letter to Samantha on firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a CV off to us.
Benefits of working with The Dunstane
– Free meals on shift
– Employee incentive scheme
– Restaurant and bar discounts
– Discounted Room rates for staff and your family
– Staff Christmas Party
– Regular staff social events
Front of House Supervisor required for Immediate Start
The Dunstane Hotel in Haymarket is currently recruiting for a friendly and energetic person to join our small Front of House team. Here at The Dunstane excellent customer service is at the heart of everything we do and our dedicated Front of House team are always on hand to make sure that our guests are welcomed and looked after efficiently and to the best of our ability.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Working on reception; checking guests in and out, dealing with queries and questions, helping our guests with any problems, admin tasks as required, taking reservations by phone and email when required.
• Working in our restaurant, serving guests, taking orders and clearing tables, stocking up and general cleaning duties.
• Serving breakfast, orders, serving hot drinks and making sure the buffet is stocked.
• Monitoring other staff members when on shift and making sure all are in the right place and performing the correct duties as required
The ideal candidate will be friendly, well presented with excellent written and spoken English and great interpersonal skills.
Hours will be shift work, mixture of days, weekends and weekdays as per rota. Competitive rate of pay dependant on candidate and experience.
Please apply with CV and cover letter. If you have not had a response within 14 days your application has not been successful.
Breakfast Chef/ Kitchen Porter/ Commis Chef
The Dunstane Hotel and Skerries Restaurant, Haymarket, Edinburgh are currently recruiting a breakfast/commis chef/ kitchen porter to join our small kitchen team. The ethos at Skerries has always been on providing the freshest produce for our guests so they can have an authentic Scottish dining experience. We draw our inspiration from the larder of the Orkney Isles as well as local Scottish produce.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, with good communication skills and experience in working in a kitchen. The successful candidate will have a strong hard working ethos and impeccable kitchen cleanliness.
The job will be mostly evening work to include basic food preparation, assist kitchen manager with cooking, general kitchen cleaning along with cooking 2 breakfast shifts a week and when required (to cover for holidays). Kitchen deep clean at the end of every shift to maintain the high standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and food safety required. Food hygiene qualifications desirable but not compulsory.
Please apply with CV, if you have not heard from us in 14 days your application has not been successful